Tiger barbs keep dying

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

micaiah12

Aquarium Advice Freak
Ok for some reason my tiger barbs keep on dying. What the will do is their mouths will get deformed and then they never eat. So it's horrible. I need help with this. Is it because of what they eat. I know it isn't the water. It all checks out fine. But i don't know. I need help with it though.

Moved to Unhealthy Fish.

Can you please explain more about the situation and the tank set-up? How many has this happened to? Did you purchase them at the same time? What sort of tankmates are they with?

Some bottom feeding pellet made by omega. They seem to swallow it whole

So far three. They are housed in a 46 gallon tank with friendly community fish. The only fish that would be aggressive is my RTS but he is really friendly with them and even schools with them from time to time.

Hmmm... I am not sure. Those pellets disintegrate pretty fast in the water, so I wouldn't think swallowing them would really be an issue. Perhaps they are getting injured from bickering amongst themselves?

If your getting them from the same shop, this could be the problem rather than your own tank. If you have bought them at the same time or over a period of time from the same place, check your water and if all okay maybe try a different supplier, Tigers are usually pretty bulletproof little guys.

Google Flexibacter columnaris. I think this bacteria goes by a new name now but you should still get some good information by its old name. You'll want to treat them with a good antibacterial med.

David

Google Flexibacter columnaris. I think this bacteria goes by a new name now but you should still get some good information by its old name. You'll want to treat them with a good antibacterial med.

David

Don't think it would be columnaris, spreads and kill to quickly - the whole tank would probably have been wiped out already.

Back
Top Bottom