Tiger barbs

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jacpr233

Aquarium Advice Activist
Hi guys, I bought nine tiger barbs. When I bought them I was a beginner and the LFS sold them as peaceful fish. Now that I've done research they are aggressive. I have a 72 gal planted tank. Last week I bought 3 clown barbs and they died because of the tigers nipping at them. Today I bought two Bolivian rams and the tigers are going after them. I want to get rid of the but I can't catch them. They swim really fast and the plants and driftwood are no help.
Any ideas on how to catch them?
I don't want them anymore!!

Attachments

• image-3470777947.jpg
    image-3470777947.jpg
    104.8 KB · Views: 70
Remove the wood and decor, then use two nets, one to guide it and the other to block it.

As someone who's partial to TB's ... I'd say keep them... They're great energetic fish .. You try adding a couple more ... In larger numbers they do eventually focus their attention on each other.

With nine I'm surprised they nipped at their tank mates ... That's a big enough shal for them to bicker with each other for dominance of the shoal and ignore non-TB's. It's in the nature of the beast for TB's to fin-nip ... Usually in smaller numbers .. But not unheard of for larger shoals to bully non-TB's.

I do agree with Samzter ... You may have to remove the DW / decor .. you can also so lower the water level to 25% ... Give them less room to swim around in

Thx guys. I've been monitoring the tank and now they are minding their own business. They ave not after the rams. The rams seem to be swimming around exploring the tank.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom