Tiny crab on live rock ?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Ads_1205

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I have had my tank set up and running for three weeks now. It is a marine tank that holds 11 gallons of water. I have 7.5kg of live rock in it and have just added some cleaner crew 5 red hermit crabs and a few snails. Last night whilst watching the tank very closely I noticed two extremely small crabs on the live rock. I haven't been able to take a clear picture of them as they hide whenever I go near them. But I have got a couple of videos with them in but it isn't very clear.

Does anyone have any idea what they could be and if they are harmful to the tank?. I am putting two small clown fish in next week and don't want to do so if these two small crabs could harm them. I will try and get some pictures of the crabs tonight if I can see them again.

Thanks.

Thanks I will try and get a picture tonight and post it. As I said they are only very small. Less than 1 cm so are hard to spot!

It's hard to say a colour. They blend in with the live rock really well. Sort of like a grey colour. I have print screened the video and have and put a circle round the crab. It's hard to see as it is so small but gives you a very rough idea.

Attachments

• image-1899954535.jpg
    image-1899954535.jpg
    124.7 KB · Views: 121
  • image-2909349653.jpg
    image-2909349653.jpg
    200.2 KB · Views: 106
They blend in with the live rock really well. I would say more of a grey colour but its hard to tell. I have print screened a bit of the video and circled the crab to give a rough Idea. Hopefully I can get a better picture later.

image-3148664276.jpg

Try putting some food in the tank and he may come out to get some.. Try and get a pic that way

Haven't get any food to put in at the moment but when I do I will try that straight away. Didn't manage to see them last night hopefully food will bring them out so I can get a better picture

Back
Top Bottom