tiny white worms!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

aquaherper

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
My breaker to my filter tripped sometime to day and when I turned it back on thousands I tiny white worms flooded my aquarium.... wth? Should I be conserned???

It sounds like it may be planaria or some type of detritus worm. Not a big concern but pretty unsightly. When was the last time you did maintenance on your filters?

Are the worms still an issue? If so, just step up your water changes along with good gravel vacs, reduce feeding and clean the filter media more frequently until the worm situation is under control. An excess of planaria or detritus worms usually indicates overfeeding and/or lack of maintenance but this isn't always the case and we do not know all the factors behind the cause of your outbreak. Hope this helps!

pics wont do any good they all settled, i did a heavy vac. and got a bunch out. yes i am guilty of over feeding. still trying to get a nice balance on feeding 20 fish. i preform maintenance quite often. w/c weekly 5g.
paramaters are ph6.5, 0 ammonia, .1 nitrite, 20 nitrate .

Well, most of the things in that line are harmless enough. Few of them are able to do any real harm to most tank inhabitants. Get the feeding sorted and you should be fine.

Back
Top Bottom