Tips for neon tetras??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ShadyFish04

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I was originally going to buy neon tetras for my 20 gallon tank but ended up buying danios instead. I am hoping to get neons in the future but have heard some discouraging things about them such as they die easily since they are so mass produced due to being so popular. I also read that they like lower pH but my pH is around 7.6 regularly. Any tips for keeping neons??
:new-alien:

I’m fairly new to fish keeping, just over a year and I have 8 neon and 6 cardinal tetras. I started with 10 neons 4 days after I set up my tank because I wasn’t informed about the nitrogen cycle. I have found mine fairly hardy I lost 2 unexpectedly about 6 months after I got them but still got the other 8, I’ve had them a year and 3 months. Mine survived the cycle and most fish as far as I’m aware adjust to the ph of tanks and it causes more problems trying to adjust the ph yourself. As with most fish that are mass produced, there’s always a gamble but, I think my neons and cardinals brighten up the tank with their colours [emoji4]

Back
Top Bottom