To buy or not to buy. Seahorses.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dlsrks

Aquarium Advice Freak
Can you have 3 ocellaris clownfish, 1 firefish, and 2 seahorses in a 29 gallon tank? I was thinking about adding the seahorses.

Seahorses can't mix with those im pretty sure

the sea horses require a very low flow tank. so they wouldnt mix well. and also it is a very bad idea to have 3 clowns. 2 will form a pair and show aggression towards the 3rd.

Yeah I am hesitate to add the third clown. He is in one of my other tanks. He is pretty small. Thought about putting him in a smaller tank. I was hoping that I could put some seahorses in that tank. Guess I will have to do a smaller tank for them.

From what I hear seahorses are very difficult to keep. Has to be a species tank with low flow and they are hard to keep fed. I would suggest lotsa research and if ya feel good about it give it a try. Three clowns is a no no sorry. :)

I think it is because they are hard to keep fed properly and are very sensitive to parameter swings. Not saying it can't be done just do lots of research before ya jump in. It's always disappointing when it dosent work out so I find the more I learn before hand the better I usually feel about trying something new and different.

Back
Top Bottom