To soon for an anemone?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

louiseberry

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I am thinking about getting an red tip anenome, or two ,I have a 150 gal, is it to soon for one? any info would be great.I've heard wait until tank is about 9 months old. louiseberry

5 months,I HAVE a true clown, mandarin dragnet, a dottyback, brittlestarfish,hippo tang, red flame angel,tri colored blenny, vevlet damsel, cleaner shrimp a few crabs.louiseberry

I am one of those 9 months persons but if you want to check and see do your water test results twice a week for the next 3 weeks. If everything is staying the same then you might be OK. Anenomes need a mature and stable tank. If your parameters are bouncing around then you are not ready. JMO

Thanks, I"ve been testing my water faithfully 3 times a week ,no changes, the only changes were the first fish i put in but hardly a spike [ if that makes sense]other than that every thing is staying the same.Forgive me for this question but i went through a diatom stage,but never through a alage stage that i hear you get from a new tank, is something wrong?

Sounds perfectly normal to me. I know alot of folks that got the diatom stage (mostly all) and I know several that did not go through an algea stage including myself. It`s not a bad thing for those that did go through one because of all the excessive nutrients in the tank during the cycle. After the cycle you should be able to get rid of it though.

thanks for you advice,Imight try a red tip in another 3 weeks or so, I hear teir supposed to be one of the easiest for beginners, any other advice? thanks

Back
Top Bottom