To use fertilizer or not to use....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

TXaquaFanatic

Aquarium Advice Activist
Hey everyone so I have been researching the internet in search of answers of if I need to fertilize my Java Fern or not. and I have came to the realization that the answer I,s there seems to not be a straight answer! so my set up is 1 goldfish, 3 nerite snails, and a Java Fern. I just put the fern in the tank yesterday, its tied to my driftwood. any suggestions on the starting process of growing it? As far as light goes, I don't know what kind of lighting it is. it came with my top fin tank. And will I need to put liquid ferts in there, if so how often? or is the fish waste and left over food enough? Thanks for any suggestions

Java Fern is like Anubias, it can grow under about anything. If left alone with no fertilizers and low lighting it will grow very slow. Given ample lighting and some fertilizers it will reproduce so many times you will run out of tank space for them :)

Caleb

Cool. Thanks! I will just let it be, definitely dont want it overrunning my tank

Sent from my SGH-T399 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Back
Top Bottom