Toadstools..

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MarineFlake

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I have a ts in my 75G its about a foot tall. I am very curious, does anyone have one that big or larger? Anyone know how large they can potentially get or even better, seen one in the ocean? I am considering selling him to someone with a larger tank (150 - 180 or better) who has room for him. He's all pressed up against the glass now. I figure I can frag him and sell him and start over. (Long as they will promise to take care of him!) I just think hes outgrown his surroundings : ( I supposed I could go on the hunt for a 100 - 125G tank here in the area, but I wouldn't want to put the whole tank in a tizzy over 1 coral to move from one side of the room to the other..Plus, there goes the 48" lighting!

Curious..

Biggest ive seen was in a 210 gallon, the stalk was about a foot around and a foot tall, the head/mushroomish part was about two feet across

They can get as big as the tank and lighting will allow. You can always control their size thru fragging but its hard to frag them with out really doing a number on large ones.

Yup. I figure I could frag his crown before I sold him and start fresh. But, I can see as big as it is, it could be quite a butcher job. /shrug Still I think it would be happier in a larger tank now that hes a big boy!

You can frag everything. Even the stalk. The cut surface will quickly heal and a new head will start to develop.

Back
Top Bottom