Today in the Fishroom~ 11/06/12 Betta macrostoma

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Aquamojo

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Greetings all. Been a while since I posted here. I recently had the opportunity to visit Segrest Farms in Florida to photo some of their stock. I took close to 3500 photos of about a thousand different species of fish. Great time.

A few of the "models" really stood out. One of the coolest fish that I've ever photographed was this enormous Betta called macrostoma. It really reminded me of a snakehead with the shape of it's head and eyes. I'm not a Betta guy...but seeing these beauties made me rethink the tank situation. :naughty:

Anyone here ever kept these? What kind of experience?

FB-AQA_6944.jpg

Male and female

FB-AQA_6985-2.jpg

I love taking photos of fish in not so common poses.

FB-AQA_6934.jpg

If you are a Betta junkie...I put 21 other photos on Segrest's Gallery: Betta macrostoma | Facebook

Aquamojo said:
Greetings all. Been a while since I posted here. I recently had the opportunity to visit Segrest Farms in Florida to photo some of their stock. I took close to 3500 photos of about a thousand different species of fish. Great time.

A few of the "models" really stood out. One of the coolest fish that I've ever photographed was this enormous Betta called macrostoma. It really reminded me of a snakehead with the shape of it's head and eyes. I'm not a Betta guy...but seeing these beauties made me rethink the tank situation. :naughty:

Anyone here ever kept these? What kind of experience?

Male and female

I love taking photos of fish in not so common poses.

If you are a Betta junkie...I put 21 other photos on Segrest's Gallery: Betta macrostoma | Facebook

I quite like that fish !!

image-3069205779.jpg

Not so common poses... This is the one and only time I have seen my triggers doing this

I believe I read an article about this in tropical hobbiest.
Did you write it?

Attachments

• image-2165124211.jpg
    image-2165124211.jpg
    180.9 KB · Views: 135
Back
Top Bottom