Today In The Fishroom~4/29/11 F0 P.managuense "Honduras"

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Aquamojo

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
The pair are beginning to breed in their new tank.

The male

Hondo-Manaquense-2145.jpg

Hondo-Manaquense-2136.jpg

The female...a little ticked at the intrusion.

Hondo-Manaquense-2142.jpg

A lot of posturing and lip locking

Hondo-Manaquense-2144.jpg

Hondo-Manaquense-2146.jpg

Hondo-Manaquense-2141.jpg

They selected a nice flat stone for breeding...field stone from our farm...nice stuff.

Hondo-Manaquense-2140.jpg

Flashing the female...or maybe that was dodging a side strike.

Hondo-Manaquense-2137.jpg

Him chasing her...

Hondo-Manaquense-2139.jpg

Her chasing him...

Hondo-Manaquense-2138.jpg

And so it goes...

Two more. The pair had a regular breeding spot in the old tank. The larger tank affords them a few different choices. The female seems to prefer the old standby piece of bowl shaped slate. The male seems to be very interested in leading her back to the large strawberry pot....something that was too large for the last tank. If you look at the pictures above you will notice that the male organ is down and ready for action. The female is not there yet.....but....haven't most of US males been there as well? LOL

Hondo-Manaquense-2148.jpg

Hondo-Manaquense-2147.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
One of a couple dozen that size. I had a Pacu a few years ago that was 36" long and 22 pounds.

I have 23 tanks...the smallest is 75 gallons. About 3500 total gallons of freshwater. These fish are by themselves in a 125 gallon tank.

That's alot of tanks must take forever to do w/c n ur electic bill must b well high

I spend a few hours a day a couple times a week. Not that bad. THe electric bill is like another mortgage payment.

Back
Top Bottom