todays question some minor fraying / nips

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
dope = cool LOL

& not yet.. a lot of nesting & some shimmying once in a while but no ones bloated or showing signs of eggs (from what i can see)

i have a feeling my electric blue lobstahhhhh might eat any eggs before they can hatch.. i wanna get rid of him but my girl doesnt want him to go lol

ohhhhhh geeeeez lol

so i was doing a pwc on my 10gal cuz of some ammo & decided to vac & rearrange my affy tank too.. (came out siiiiick)

long story short.. the borleyi is back in w/ everyone else.. by her choice, not mine hahaha

her lips seemed to have turned white all of a sudden.. holding perhaps?!?!

the venustus is completely green & shaking at her like CRAZY!! the 2 of them are dancing & she isnt attacking him yet but the kenyi is getting, what seems to be, jealous!! she didnt seem to like whenever they danced near her.. i never seen anything like this before lol

now i'm wondering if the kenyi beat him for nonstop mating attempts cuz hes goin nuts right now .. hes even mouthing at the borleyi & took a shot too.. but he's terrified of the kenyi.. THIS IS NUTS lol

annnnnd now he's hitting on my male jake.. i'm very confused

dont forget to read my past 2 posts buuut

heres some pics of my newwwest set up :)

lil cloudy but oh so DOPE lol

Attachments

• image-4155798638.jpg
    image-4155798638.jpg
    59.9 KB · Views: 61
  • image-1208149370.jpg
    image-1208149370.jpg
    61.7 KB · Views: 49
great structure!! cichlids love layered and interesting stone set ups so this is brilliant :D
and the fish look beautiful with all the different colours.

i thought it was a bit of over-flirting, couldnt control himself ;)

i dont think she will be holding if her lips have turned white, its only if her chin is lowered and she wont eat thats the defo sign.

fish CAN get jealous lol they are so much more intelligent than people assume... i went to the lfs friday (as norm lol its my fri treat) and watched two labs flirting away, then another male lab started a fight with the flirty male and a huge bumblebee jumped in and stopped everything. clever little world.

yeah so how is borleyi doing? xx

after her first night back in, everyone is doing ok.. no nips on anyone & all are eating.. seems like a content tank again.. for how long, we shall see lol

& the V isnt looking any more damaged from what has healed so far .. buuut it seems like he wont eat the NLS pellets now.. he was at first but since the injuries he hasnt really eaten :(

he IS healing however so i dunno whats up lol

i still might rehome the jakes at some point but for now everyone can stay.. at least until my 10gal has sand & is planted :) :) :) soooo excited for my new project!!! lol

Back
Top Bottom