Too bright for sw moon lights?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Travis55 said:
I found these on eBay, and they are cheap. I want moon lights for my 10 gal nano tank. They are 24 blue leds. Roughly 9 inches long. Thanks for ur input!

http://item.mobileweb.ebay.com/viewitem?itemId=140523984967&index=23&nav=SEARCH&nid=28641135895

24 moonlights might be bright but it also depends on the watts. I have 8 LED's on my tank and it's very very dim almost dark.

View attachment 70984

This one is from the bottom looking up its also only one side. I couldn't get the whole tank in there. But you get the point.
View attachment 70988

That's my fresh water. Here's my salt water so maybe not too bright. I dunno if there is a difference between the SW and FW but you can see the difference for yourself.

View attachment 70989

Last edited:
Convict2161 said:
24 moonlights might be bright but it also depends on the watts. I have 8 LED's on my tank and it's very very dim almost dark.

This one is from the bottom looking up its also only one side. I couldn't get the whole tank in there. But you get the point.

That's my fresh water. Here's my salt water so maybe not too bright. I dunno if there is a difference between the SW and FW but you can see the difference for yourself.

Your last pic looks awesome! My thing is price... the ebay set is really cheap... like me. Lol i just don't wanna get something too bright and it mess with my fish or something...

I am sure it won't mess with the fish the lights seem to be a lower than 3 watt led. If you decide to get them let us know how you like them.

Heres my new moon lights! Got the 4 led moonlight kit from rapidled.com i love it and they are bright.

ForumRunner_20120227_212506.jpg

ForumRunner_20120227_212519.jpg

ForumRunner_20120227_212534.jpg

Back
Top Bottom