Took almost a year but I think I figured out the camera (PICTS)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

54seaweed

Macro Addict
been playing with different lenses and filters today amazingly I think I finally figured out how to work this darn thing , took me over a year to figuring out all those gizmo's and how each lens does different things . so here is are some of my better shots today .

mw1ueEq.jpg

BX3N3PH.jpg

9AO55Cd.jpg

f6gXGwF.jpg

s3qZbgF.jpg

Gm2QBy7.jpg

NiLhOoa.jpg

Last edited:
Nice job. It's fun photographing the tanks and their denizens, isn't it?!

the camera is a Nikon D3100 it has 4 different size lenses biggest is about a foot long
than it has like 6 different telephoto lenses that screw on the lenses , than there's a bunch of filters , than the 3 remote controls still haven't figured them out yet and than there's all the odds and end junk . think I went a bit over board :D

yes it is fun learning how the camera works , I love taking pictures but I get bummed if the picture don't come out right , maybe someday I'll figure out all these high tech gadgets, it's funny when I do figure out what something does I'm like that kid in the candy store keep going for more .

It's very interesting.
I also have Nikkon. I have already learned something. But much is still in the dark.
I'm glad if someone wants to discuss photo.

I also have Nikon D3100 and an assortment of lens. I wish I knew as much about using it as I do about fish...
I would like to learn to take better photos also..

Nice pictures !

Congrats. I have a few Nikon DSLRs and today's cameras are complicated. The owner's manual can be a few hundred pages.

I took a picture for the whole aquarium and it was easy. The right wheel switch on automatic, but not with lightning.
The aquarium is well lit, and the fish are used to the light.
The autofocus is on. Also the function "multiple image" is on.
I searched for an object in the middle of the depth of the aquarium. (Stone, or root) and put the inner frame of the image finder on it.
The autofocus makes this point absolutely sharp. Everything that is before or behind is not absolutely sharp in theory. But at the distance this is not noticed.
There are several pictures as long as I press. Later, I choose what's good. (The fish move and sometimes there is a cross).
First that.
It's not so easy with close shots. Next time.
dsc_0788.jpg

Back
Top Bottom