Top Canopy And Bottom one .

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

DuDuS

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hi , Glad to join to this forum .
forgive my english errors .

I am considering to build aquarium + stand , Now i need to calculate all the sizes for the stand , Canopy and so on .

My question is what size does the Top Canopy should be , And what size should the bottom one ?

I want it to look like the juwel auarium for instance , Or as much close to them or anything like them .

Is it depends in the aquarium sizes ?
Or maby there is some standard relation to the bottom and top canopy ?

Thank for any help :D

Top Canopy

You need to know the aquarium size... and welcome to AA

Thanks .

The Aquarium Size (at least what it meant to be) is :

L5OH45XW35 CM

But why exactly is the aquarium size importance ?
Isn't it some standard rule that depend in percentage or somtething ?

Welcome!

I'm not sure I understand what you're asking. The aquarium size is important to make sure that your hood and stand are appropriately sized. A thirty inch long stand and hood won't fit a thirty-six inch long aquarium. The volume measurement isn't really that important except to calculate the aquarium weight to design your stand.

I'd design the stand and hood to give you at least 0.25 inches of clearance on all sides.

Let me take this in a different direction. As to the L x W of the Stand, BigJim is right that you should build it to be 1/4" larger than the fish tank on all sides. Please be aware that if the glass is 50x35 that there may be extra brasing along the edge that would make it a bit larger (my 55g tank is 48x13 but the framing of the tank makes it 48.5x13.5). The same would apply to the hood as to the sizing but you will need to be a little closer, as you don't want the hood to slide down the sides of the tank, so I would take out that overlap.

As to the height of the stand, that is going to be personal preference. I'm 5'9" and in order to properly clean it and everything I made my stand 37" tall.

I'm not sure on the height of the hood. I'm going to be building one myself soon and I'm looking in the 12-16" range for how high the hood will be over the tank.

i gave the sizes above your message .
its not that complicated , What is the relation that should be between the lower and top canopy .
Also how much of the bottom area does the canopy should cover , And how much glass area the top canopy should cover ?

Not sure what a bottom canopy is but I think the top would depend on the light you have. You can't just pick a number... a compact fluorescent light would need to be lower than say a metal halide.

Back
Top Bottom