Torch coral dying.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bkushy

Aquarium Advice Activist
Can someone please give some advice on this. All of my parameters seem good now. Salinity was low for a bit due to an uncalibrated refractometer. I switched from 6 X t5ho lighting over to two ai sol blue fixtures. I have slowly turned the fixtures up starting at 35 percent on all three channels to 65 w and 55 for each blue. I don't know if it needs more light. Less light. Or if it is altogether unrelated. Everything else in my tank is doing good except for snails and a tube worm which are being harassed by a black brittle star I can't catch. Any advice would be awesome.

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Attachments

• 1393462085337.jpg
    1393462085337.jpg
    71.9 KB · Views: 116
I suspect it's your lighting. How long have you had the lights and how much time between jumps in lighting intensity? Also how high for each jump.

Since xmas. Not sure how much time in between jumps. Everything else looks good so I figured must be ok. My t5ho setup was much brighter which I expected but was afraid there wasn't enough light.

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Aquarium Advice mobile app

The t5 may have seemed brighter but LEDs give off more direct light. You should slowly increase the lighting when acclimating, I do 3-5% a week

Back
Top Bottom