TRAGIC MORNING

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

lando

Aquarium Advice Addict
I woke this morning and went to the basement to check on the tank. Sometime last night my 72gal sprung a leak midway up along the front seal. My sump had run dry and the motor burned out. The temp was 70 degrees. I lost my copperband butterfly, regal tang and several coals :cry: That and had approx. 20gal of SW soaking the carpet. I have spent all day mopping up and trying to save what livestock I have left. the stand is warped the wood on the bottom soakd up some water so it is now unsafe to use. To make matters worse, none of the LFS around me had 72, 75 or 90gal reef ready tanks in stock...they will be here Tues or Wed. The only large reef ready I found was a 95gal wave tank. Under pressure, I bought it and the stand so I can rebuild. I am in for a long night...just thought I would share.
:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

How terrible! I hope you can rebuild/recover quickly and without more loss (of fish or $$).

Wow, what a mess. I hope you can get back up and running quickly.

Thanks everyone...the tank is moved. All of the LR, LS, and livestock are in large rubbermaid tubs with heaters and powerheads. I am just trying to dry the carpet tonight so I can put things back up tomorow. Luckily, its President's Day and I have it off.

that sounds horrific. not too long ago i remember someone else posting that their sump failed and they lost everything. you have my sympathy

did any fish/shrimp/snails make it?

Holy crap. Two disaster posts so far in checking the forum! How awful, but it sounds like you got it mostly cleaned up, and what a good thing you have tomorrow off.

Yeesh-I'm so sorry.

Sorry about the fish and coral loss Lando. Best of luck to you.

plecoperson said:
Two disaster posts so far in checking the forum!
They say bad things happen in threes-who's next....dodododo

This is probably one of the worst things that can go wrong. However, I'm sure your turn around will be much more impressive. Post up some pics as soon as you can! Good luck lando!

Sorry to hear that Lando. Hope you can get it all cleaned up with out too much trouble. Been there done that :(

Thanks everyone. Today is a new day. The loss count so far is a regal tang, copperband butterfly, CB shrimp, some shrooms, zoos, all of my xenia, a corcea clam, montipora dig, and porcilapora. I still need to put the new tank up, fill it and re-acclimate everything. Still keeping my fingers crossed.

aww, that sucks. real sorry to hear it.

once you get the new tank up im sure everything will come back. good luck.

Sorry for the losses. With the size that your tank was it is quite a disaster list. I'll be hoping and praying that all else goes well and you get everyone transferred over with no more mishaps. I can only imagine the frustration and sadness you feel.

Back
Top Bottom