Transfer from 45 to 75gal

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

IAmDaryl

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I have had my 45gal for one year and have enjoyed it so much that I have decided to upgrade to a 75gal. I have a 30gal sump/refug that I built myself from many ideas and examples from this site...thanx.

I have about 2" of sand in the tank and have placed about 8 cups of live sand from my 45gal. There is 6" of sand in the refuge with 4 cup of live sand. I have transfer about 1/3 of my live rock and purchase another 25lbs.
I will not be able to move the remaining rock because corals are attached.

I removed the BioBale from my Cyclone bio-filter (CPR CY192) and placed it in my refuge to help the cycling...Was that a good idea:confused:

I have attached pics of my 45, new 75 and my sump. If SW had taught me anything it is patience! I look forward to communicating my progress over the next few month.

If you have any suggestion please feel free.

Attachments

• Tank.jpg
    Tank.jpg
    65.2 KB · Views: 82
  • New Tank 1.jpg
    New Tank 1.jpg
    64.4 KB · Views: 83
  • Sump 2.jpg
    Sump 2.jpg
    64.5 KB · Views: 85
I removed the BioBale from my Cyclone bio-filter (CPR CY192) and placed it in my refuge to help the cycling...Was that a good idea

Yup. That contains your good bacteria that keeps the ammonia and nitrites down. Make sure you continue to add a source of ammonia so the bacteria don't die.

Yup. That contains your good bacteria that keeps the ammonia and nitrites down. Make sure you continue to add a source of ammonia so the bacteria don't die.

Thanx for the info...I wasn't aware of that. I put 4 small Damselfish into the 75gal.

I also notice today that where I placed the live sand it's turning green...algae perhap? Good news right?:p

Back
Top Bottom