translucent sword leaves

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

piao liang yu

Aquarium Advice Freak
I have a 60 gallon 48"x13". I have various low light plants. I recently added some amazon sword plantlets and noticed today that one of them has a translucent.leaf, not any holes, just translucent. From reading i have found this could be a result of low potassium. I have seachem root tabs down (black sand substrate) i also does twice weekly with seachem flourish comprehensive and every few days with api c02 booster. Ammo 0, nitrite 0 nitrate 10-20

Is there another type of fert i should be adding? Does the seachem flourish not have potassium? Anyone have any specific experience with this issue?

lighting is two 36" 600 level beams work LED's. Each fixturled' 126 led's, but they are not the type of led's rated for plants. I understand they are still acceptable to grow what i have. Or at least sustain what i have which is anubias, java fern, java moss and elodea. Now the amazon swords..

I'm not an expert, but recently I planted some amazon swords in my tank as well. I assume it had something to do with establishing roots (I have flora max substrate) but every single leaf that was existing when I bought it turned yellow and died, but all new leaves that have grown are perfect and green.

Also, I have heard that API leaf zone has a good amount of potassium in it.

I'm not an expert, but recently I planted some amazon swords in my tank as well. I assume it had something to do with establishing roots (I have flora max substrate) but every single leaf that was existing when I bought it turned yellow and died, but all new leaves that have grown are perfect and green.

Also, I have heard that API leaf zone has a good amount of potassium in it.

So is it definitely a potassium issue? Api leaf zone will fix the problem most likely?

So is it definitely a potassium issue? Api leaf zone will fix the problem most likely?

I am looking at a bottle of leaf zone right now there's only iron and potash in it according to the label. Sword plants are heavy root feeders and won't benifit much from anything added to the water except excel/glut. I occasionally get a translucent leaf on mine and I just snip it off and that's it.

I am looking at a bottle of leaf zone right now there's only iron and potash in it according to the label. Sword plants are heavy root feeders and won't benifit much from anything added to the water except excel/glut. I occasionally get a translucent leaf on mine and I just snip it off and that's it.

Ok, well that helps. So i will operate under the assumption that it is common and normal and i just need to keep doing what i am doing and it should work itself out i reckon..

Check the ingredients in your root tabs. I use rutabs from peabodysparadise.com and have not had any problems since I switched.

I use seachem root tabs and my root feeding plants do great, although i don't have any swords. My guess would be that it's just your plants adjusting to your tank.

Back
Top Bottom