Transparent thing in tank??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

nightryder1405

Aquarium Advice Regular
I just noticed this transparent thing on my LR and i have no idea what it is, does anyone have any clue what it could be? Or if it is friend or foe?GEDC1481 (2).jpg

GEDC1483 (2).jpg

I had those and still have some. So far they've been harmless. I would also like to know what it is.

Hey Nightryder, hard to tell from the pic, but it's probably a type of algea, or sponge. Could also be a piece of soft coral, don't think it would be a LPS or SPS, being transparent. Not sure about a soft coral starting off transparent either, but it sounds possible.
IMO, it's most likely just algea or a sponge. So many things can sprout up out of rock it's amazing. I've had a Zoo colony for like 6+ years( dragon eyes) and its just now sprouting a feathery- orange type of algea, and it's pretty cool looking, luckily.
I would just keep an eye on it for changes, it shouldn't hurt anything, and if you don't like the looks of it, you can probably just cut it off the rock.
Good luck!

No it's not algae or a sponge. They move by sucking their mouths in front of them. It looks like a nudie ranch kinds of when it moves.

Ohh, didn't know that it moved. Yeah then if it's got a mouth and moves, a Nudibranch makes a lot more sense.

Thanks everyone. So if its a nudibranch is it harmless? if so im just gonna leave it alone

Back
Top Bottom