Treating bacteria infection - can i feed?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ronnieroach

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Hey all,

I recently added a new fish to my 55gal & the little guy brought a bacteria infection w/ him. I caught it on my older fish & originally thought it was ick or a mild fin rot, treated my tank, & lost 3 fish in a day.

Since, I have begun treating w/ FURAN-2. My 2 parrots, who had the same symptoms, are doing well & no one is showing signs of rot, ick or anything.

I do a 25% water change tomorrow, as per treatment directions.

CAN I FEED THEM A FEW CUBES OF FROZEN 'CICHLID DELIGHT' ??

I assume it will be fine buuuut I figured, 'why not ask my friendly fish experts on the best forum around?' lol

Any & all help is appreciated.

Thanks homies :fish2::thanks::fish1:

I'd say go for it. Feed your fish. It is usually recommended to feed less during treatment though.

ronnieroach said:
Hey all,

I recently added a new fish to my 55gal & the little guy brought a bacteria infection w/ him. I caught it on my older fish & originally thought it was ick or a mild fin rot, treated my tank, & lost 3 fish in a day.

Since, I have begun treating w/ FURAN-2. My 2 parrots, who had the same symptoms, are doing well & no one is showing signs of rot, ick or anything.

I do a 25% water change tomorrow, as per treatment directions.

CAN I FEED THEM A FEW CUBES OF FROZEN 'CICHLID DELIGHT' ??

I assume it will be fine buuuut I figured, 'why not ask my friendly fish experts on the best forum around?' lol

Any & all help is appreciated.

Thanks homies :fish2::thanks::fish1:

Feeding should be fine, but many times, when the fish are under treatment they trend to lose their appetite, so don't assume that they will eat the normal amount, just feed them less than normal.

Jungle makes food meant for bactiera infections which is the best way to treat which is injesting the meds. If their eating this is the route I would take.

awesome! thanks guys! i'll call down to the petstore & see if they have it. if not, i'll try a cube. my friend @ the store said the meds i have treat the bloodstream so hopefully it turns out ok. i love my fish too much to have any more die :(

thanks again!!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom