Treating my tank for major ich problem need help!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kades

Aquarium Advice Regular
I'm treating my tank for ich right now. It stated with my tiger barbs I put them in a qt tank but I can tell that my other fish are stating to get it. I've raised the temp to 82 (slowly of course) I couldn't use salt because of a dwarf frog. Has anyone used quick cure? I read up on it and looked at at least 50 reviews and all were great. Any opinions? I need top do something ASAP in my qt tank or they aren't going to make it.

I use just the heat method, and you must treat the main tank. Ich is not an individual fish disease, it attacks the entire tank. You should put those QT fish back into the main tank.

Raise the temp to 86.

Add an airstone to increase oxygenation.

Do gravel vacs every 2-3 days to remove ich spore from substrate.

Maintain this schedule for minimum of 2 weeks.

I don't use ich meds, as they are usually not necessary.

quick cure will kill the frog
why did you get ick temp fluctuations or new fish? By the time you see ick the fish have had it in their gills for a few days so all were exposed and most likely will come down with it.
I agree with the above post i have never used ick meds ...just high temps and a massive dose of salt.

pitdogg2 said:
quick cure will kill the frog
why did you get ick temp fluctuations or new fish? By the time you see ick the fish have had it in their gills for a few days so all were exposed and most likely will come down with it.
I agree with the above post i have never used ick meds ...just high temps and a massive dose of salt.

I'm confused by what your saying sorry

I was, too, then I realized it's lack of punctuation.

They were asking why your tank got ich. It can be caused from adding a new fish or by temperature fluctuations in your tank. Lots of people who cycle with fish end up with ich because the fish are so stressed out.

1.quick cure will kill the frog

2.why did you get ick? (temp fluctuations or new fish)

3. By the time you see ick the fish have had it in their gills for a few days so all were exposed and most likely will come down with it.

4. I agree with the above post i have never used ick meds ...just high temps and a massive dose of salt.

better?

Ha ok gotcha now. No its still a new tank. When I purchased each fish they all appeared very healthy. I've had trouble with nitrites but I've been doing pwc daily (50%) I'll post a pic of the parameters. Bare with me they are the steps. I'm waiting in the api test kit to come I'm the mail.

ForumRunner_20120111_155033.jpg

The nitrites seem better its the nitrates that are up now.

I have a dwarf frog won't the salt hurt or kill it?

Back
Top Bottom