Trick to Bosemani Rainbow Colors

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

SHIFT_Unique

Aquarium Advice Activist
So whats the trick to get my bosemani rainbows to look like they do in all the books i see. deep blue with bright yellow.
i feed:
Frozen Mysis Shrimp
Frozen Brine Shrimp
Frozen Bloodworms
Ocean Nutrition: Formula Two
Ocean Nutrition: Prime Reef

The coloring intensifies with age. If your fish are under 2" they are still likely juveniles. Also the females tend to be less colorful. They will also benefit from frequent pwcs.

HTH

Yes, I do and I know a couple of folks who only feed SW food. They swear their fish look better for it.

Also on the O.N. Food container, it states it can be used for freshwater fish also.

I woke up this morning, and their color intensified 10 fold. nearly to what they look like in the books i read.

If its possible, adding more rainbows will cause them to flare more (not the best way to achieve coloring, but it works), or adding plants (which seems to make them more comfortable) also will bring out the colors.

hmmmmmm a buddy gave me 2 bosemani's the other day, I might try this, I would love to thave those guys stand out in the tank

My boesemani's are much more orange than yellow, on the end half of them. Not sure if it's the food, type of water, or what that makes them that color. I feed NLS, freeze-dried daphnia & shrimp, frozen bloodworms, shrimp pellets, and flake foods.

Back
Top Bottom