Tricks for heater?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mlani

Aquarium Advice Addict
Hey all :) Silly question here, any ideas or little tricks to help keep a submersible heater stuck to the glass? I have cleaned the glass, changed the suction cups, even tried to pin it in place with the tubes for the fizzers. Anyone else ever had issues with their heater floating in the tank?? Also my air pump doesn't seem to be pushing enough air to run three small round fizz bombs any tricks for that too? The air pump I'm running is a whisper 30-60.

Never had issues keeping a heater in place, sorry.

How old is the air pump? That one should be able to run three just fine. You can try the little adjustable air flow gizmos. You can get them at most LFSs for a couple bucks. I have an old and very small (the smallest) AirPod and it runs the three stones I have bubbling my PWC water in five gallon jugs.

the heater issue is weird. So the new suction cups do not work either? Is it possible that you do not have enough slack on the cord, so the heater is being pulled out of the tank? maybe an extension cord would help. Do the suction cups stick to the tank without the heater attached?

Hi,

The suction cups should keep them in. Perhaps your cord is being pulled back because its' too short and the suction cups are not holding it.

Okay here is the trick, pull the suction cups out and breath on them... yes breath on them (hot air, deep breath), them put them back in the tank against the glass and press fully against the class and you should be good. Let me know when it works.

for the air pump it really depends on how deep the tank is. if you tank isnt that deep it may be that the pump was never strong enough for 3 and only ment for 1 or the pump wore out on the inside.

Sorry for the delay in getting back here on the heater/air pump challenges. Lol the air pump is about a year old, I picked up the pressure valve at lfs and it's still wasn't pushing enough air for three fizzers no matter how much I played with it. So I tried a different route as well, I tied a loose loop in the fizzer tube and put a couple rocks over it and presto it works. Go figure..lol as for the heater I'm about ready to throw the d**n thing out and buy another. I played with the cord and did the blowing on the cups (which by the way held the longest, 4 days) today however the bloody heater is floating again!! I'm wondering if my fishes are having some hard core fights at night or something??? A little after hours UFC or what!?

I replaced the suction cups. All is good again :)

Back
Top Bottom