Trigger

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ByzantineWV

Aquarium Advice Regular
Bought a Niger trigger yesterday. As soon as I put him in the tank he shoved his head between a rock and the back glass. Today he is out swimming but I have noticed a white line or scratch on his eye. But he has been fighting a little with a damsel. Also he is eating a bunch

Bought a Niger trigger yesterday. As soon as I put him in the tank he shoved his head between a rock and the back glass. Today he is out swimming but I have noticed a white line or scratch on his eye. But he has been fighting a little with a damsel. Also he is eating a bunch

Hmmm...you may think about putting him in a QT tank where he won't be stressed and treating him for the scratch. While he is there, I would also treat him for parasites "just incase" so he does not infect your tank. Stress already lowers his immune system. It's good that he's eating though!

If you know it is an injury any antibiotic would help. For internal and external parasites there are a few products you can treat him with. I found a website that will give you some info on what to treat different issues with. It was easier than listing all of them. Hope this helps you!

www.liveaquaria.com/PIC/article.cfm?aid=202

Back
Top Bottom