trimming anacharis

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Tostada

Aquarium Advice Freak
My main tank is a 30 gal. hex with anacharis. I have 45W of light, and I just started dosing a little flourish complete and potassium each PWC.

All my fish love the anacharis. My rasboras like hiding in the top of it. My gourami likes hiding behind the bottom of it. My swords like eating it. My cories go up and down it rooting around the same way they do in the gravel.

I got the anacharis as 2 medium-sized bunches and one huge bunch. As some of the stems have popped out and been floating at the top of the tank, I have formed a few new bunches, but I haven't actually cut any of it yet. The huge bunch has about 8 stems which are now the full height of the tank (about 24"), 7 stems around 14", and 6 stems around 9 inches. The other bunches probably only have a total of about 12 stems that average around 7".

At the very least I have to trim up the huge stems tomorrow when I do a PWC. I'd like to have a nice forrest-like area in the back half of the tank (the only other thing in there is a piece of driftwood and a big rock). I just don't know how I should go about this. Can I just cut the stems anywhere I want and then make new bunches and plant them? How close together can I have them?

I mean, as fast as this stuff grows, I really don't think I should have to go buy more of it (although at $2 per bunch, I guess that's no big deal).

I got some lead weights (not real lead) that Petsmart uses to wrap around the bottoms of their plants. My substrate is Eco-Complete Planted Aquarium.

You can cut the stuff at whatever place you want and replant it. The bottom and the top you cut off will keep growing. You will have a tank full in no time at all.

Back
Top Bottom