tropical water lillies?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

davy 1983

Aquarium Advice Activist
i would like to put TWL into my 190l tropical tank with two t5 lights, anyone think that they'ed be enough light for them?, if so, how do u maintain them and does it need to be cut back much, and how? thanks

I have a Dwarf Red Tiger Lily. I was told to cut any leaves that hit the surface to keep my Lily "bushier". It's doing well and looks good. Mine is growing well under CFLs but my tank is only a 10g. I do have root tabs and I feed a basic liquid Fert weekly.

any chance of a pic, i could try one of those, but yeah because mines a 41gallon it might not look right as it probly take up the whole tank to get to the surface, i would just want it to fill out under water till about half way.

davy 1983 said:
any chance of a pic, i could try one of those, but yeah because mines a 41gallon it might not look right as it probly take up the whole tank to get to the surface, i would just want it to fill out under water till about half way.

You can trim them as needed.

Mine grows in my back corner. Older leaves have more color.
image-3057025273.jpg

This is one of my C habrosus chillin' on a leaf.
image-3620565180.jpg

wow both look great, and great tanks, think they give it more colour against greens, will put some pics up of mine when i add one, not sure what il get yet as i have to wait on my lfs to get there next delivery of plants in, thanks guys

DragonFish71 said:
Here's mine, red tiger lotus (Nymphaea zenkeri)

What kind of substrate do you use? I'm trying to figure out what substrate I want, because I want to moderately plant my tank and I'm impressed by your tank! :) Your plants are growing beautifully!

My red tiger lotus doesn't look anywhere near what that one does
img_1959157_0_d604e74dcd114524c6d6a29cbe2e9587.jpg

Don't know of you can see it very well, I bought
my Lilly from Big Als and they told me it was going to be green (got it as a bulb) I have no idea what I am doing when it comes to plants so I am going to follow this thread.
As far as substrates go, I'm curious to know as well, as I currently have just beige gravel. Dose with Leaf Zone and made my first DIY CO2 diffuser a few days ago.

Attachments

• image-3083355792.jpg
    image-3083355792.jpg
    191.9 KB · Views: 79

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom