Trying to decide...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
What PH is your tap water?

That matters a lot here to me: my own water is hard, and so I've opted against some of the purer elements in my 21 g, which I would have prefered as an Amazonian biotope. If your water is hard or soft, that could really start to answer your question.

I am tempted to use realistic plastic plants and do a SA tank with maybe angels, rams and some schooling tetras too

pH doesn't make that much of a difference when keeping SA cichlids unless they are wilds or you are attemping to breed them. Discus can do well in a pH of 8.4 but the "goal" would be to have acidic water around 6.0-6.6. This is done to prevent many bacterial infections which can plague these fish and that's why it's often recommended to keep them in an acidic environment.

If you're on the fence about the fish set up, and your water is hard, why not do the African route?

After doing some measuring...I think a 125 would actually fit very well in the space I'm looking at. A 125g cichlid tank would look pretty impressive I think :) Thanks for the suggestions...I'll update when I get stuff ;)

I probably should try to not look at the planted aquarium I had a couple years ago though in that picture. I really liked how I had that one set up. :D

Back
Top Bottom