Trying to increase height of driftwood (plastic) decoration

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

sobersteve323

Aquarium Advice Freak
I'm trying to increase the height of my plastic driftwood deco but I'm having trouble figuring out what to use underneath it. The deco sits pretty low and it's unstable if just sitting on the substrate instead of the tank bottom.

I'd like whatever I use to be plastic (or lightweight) for convenience. I've thought about cannibalizing old decorations and zip tying them to the "legs" of the driftwood but I'd prefer not to do that lol.

Any suggestions? Looking to increase the height about 1.5 inches.

sobersteve323 said:
I'm trying to increase the height of my plastic driftwood deco but I'm having trouble figuring out what to use underneath it. The deco sits pretty low and it's unstable if just sitting on the substrate instead of the tank bottom.

I'd like whatever I use to be plastic (or lightweight) for convenience. I've thought about cannibalizing old decorations and zip tying them to the "legs" of the driftwood but I'd prefer not to do that lol.

Any suggestions? Looking to increase the height about 1.5 inches.

Plastic egg crate

sobersteve323 said:
Dang, such a simple and great idea. Wish I didn't spend a week thinking about this already, haha.

Any suggestions where to get some on the cheap? I don't need much.

Yea a lot of members use it for stacking rock in cichlid tanks or bare bottom tanks. You can find it at lowes Home Depot or menards in the lighting section usually. Not sure on price.

Back
Top Bottom