Trying to read my PH & KH

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

badbart

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
In my planted tank with CO2 I have tested the water with test strips that tell me my PH is 7.2 and my KH is 180. Every chart I try to look at to read the CO2 levels has KH in single to double digits. The chart on the strips say the KH is ideal but I not sure how convert the triple digit readings so I can read the CO2 charts.

Example

Algone.com - The Planted Aquarium / Aquarium Plants

In my planted tank with CO2 I have tested the water with test strips that tell me my PH is 7.2 and my KH is 180. Every chart I try to look at to read the CO2 levels has KH in single to double digits. The chart on the strips say the KH is ideal but I not sure how convert the triple digit readings so I can read the CO2 charts.

Example

Algone.com - The Planted Aquarium / Aquarium Plants

I'm using red sea co2 indicator drop test. I think this is easier. I just need to change the liquid when i change water... the test is about $9 on ebay.

its because you are reading ppm instead of dkh i think 180 ppm is close to 10 dkh but also check with others on that.

Badbart, I would also consider moving away from those strip tests, and get the liquid titration tests. They will allow you to get a more accurate handle on your pH/KH/GH levels. In my limited experience, I also started out with the strips, but found when I switched to titration that I could narrow in on the readings.

Back
Top Bottom