TT's 40b

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Have you calibrated your nitrate test? I ask because my tank soaks up nitrates like a sponge. If I didn't add kno3, nitrates would bottom out completely within a day or two. Granted my tank is a jungle right now with lots of plant mass, so the demand is quite high. Also, those API nitrate tests tend to read high. If I try to go by the color card, my test reads around 40 ppm when it's actually only 10 ppm.

If the fish load covers nitrates, generally you won't need to add any phosphorous (kh2po4) either, just potassium.

I will perform this calibration of the nitrate test which you speak of, I could be surprised to find low nitrates in need of a bump in dosing..
It will have to be later today as I will be taking down a huge river birch tree behind my pop's house followed by cooking up some of TT's Famous Chili(at least I think so)...Lumberjack on the move!

sit in silence...

Pruned a bunch of stems back&was gonna post a pic as I was waiting for the tank to clear up but lights out before I had the chance...

sit in silence...

When ei dosing why do we not dose after the WC on day 7?
My understanding is not dosing on day 7 allows the system to burn off the residual ferts...

sit in silence...

There's no reason to wait, it's just that it's usually a 6 day schedule, so 1 day a week gets skipped. It doesn't matter which day. Most either skip water change day or the day before. I skip the day before, and add my first dose of macros immediately after the water change.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

I just posted some pics and retrieved the URLs on Imgur. I'm using a different Imgur client app though.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

The reds from the mini are pretty impressive, are they sending off side shoots at all?

Dude it has filled in pretty well so far! Looks awesome! I really like that pinkish plant fifth from the top I believe. What is it? Btw do you reccomend a hydro koralia for a ten gallon planted?

Sent via the power of my aching thumbs

Dude it has filled in pretty well so far! Looks awesome! I really like that pinkish plant fifth from the top I believe. What is it? Btw do you reccomend a hydro koralia for a ten gallon planted?

Sent via the power of my aching thumbs

Rotala Macranda,I use the 240 hydor k's in the 40b&20L...
Would be an extreme amnt of flow for a 10g planted tank imo..

sit in silence...

Diatoms 1 - Me 0...
So it begins! I've had minimal issues up until now but diatoms hit me with a jab to the dome..
Wanting to do a wc but holding back seeing as how Sunday is reset/50% wc day..
Actually nuked the rock last nite just to be proactive..also I realize that they will go away in time,so clean where I can & keep up on the water quality..

sit in silence...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom