Two Snowflake Eels in one tank?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Ztkirkpatric

Aquarium Advice Regular
I've got a snowflake eel and my brother is getting rid of his tank, he has another snowflake eel thats close to the same size.... I currently have a 150g tank. Could I put two eels in 1 tank?

As long as they're about the same size and don't fight over territory you should be fine. And make sure they don't fishy over food. It should especially be ok ina 150. Gl

+1 Crister! Snowflakes are cannibalistic, but usually only to significantly smaller individuals. Keep them well fed and as long as they are close to the same size, you shouldn't have a problem. Can also introduce the new one to the opposite end of the tank as the first one's territory.

I had to remove one snowflake in my tank They where both about the same size (2 inch difference) but one eel always attacked the other viciously. To the point where one of the eels almost died. And that was in a 8 foot tank. I wouldn't take the chance.

It's always a risk. I was just reading a thread about a couple of ocellaris clowns who killed a coral beauty angel. Animals are unpredictable.

Back
Top Bottom