Two things I'm not sure of for ID

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jaybird

Aquarium Advice FINatic
The first is a hard coral on the side of some LR that I got that has yellow polyps on it. The lower colony seems dead but the one in the circle has small polyps on it. Wondering if anyone can ID it. It seems to be some kind of SPS, but I have no idea what.

The second seems like it is a type of feather duster. Maybe someone can push me towards a positive ID to see if it will be one of the more long-lived ones or the kind that appear and vanish.

Attachments

• coral.jpg
    coral.jpg
    53.6 KB · Views: 58
  • duster.jpg
    duster.jpg
    65.5 KB · Views: 53
I got an ID on the second image: Christmas tree worm

Now I just need to figure out the other one.

does the first one look like a polyp at all kinda looks like a zoa coral cant really see it very good in that pic anyway you can get a closer pic move the rock to front of tank to shot the pic if ya can.

here's a better picture of the other items on the rock. They both look like some kind of encrusting SPS

Attachments

• coral in focus.jpg
    coral in focus.jpg
    63.8 KB · Views: 56
Kinda looks like an Alveopora (LPS). Not a real good success rate in aquariums.

Agree the other one is most likely a Christmas Tree worm.

what about cyphastrea? Looks kind of similar.

I'm still not sure what it is, but it sure is a cool find.

That picture of the thing other than the xmas tree duster looks really awesome. Hopefully they won't die on you, according to what Kurt said. :( They look too cool to die. :)

they do like nice and hope they do survive for you if they dont normally survie in aquariums

Back
Top Bottom