Ugly coloured clown :(

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

lilly14

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I've had my pair of orange percula clowns for about 6 months. They are both fine and happy and eat well. However, the female is an ugly dark colour. She sort of looks like the colour that the black clowns are when they are changing from orange to black. A very dull orange colour.
Shes about 5cm long and quite aggressive towards the male.
Shes been this colour for about 2-3 months.
Just wondering if there was any reason for this?

maybe it is slowly changing to black lol? check water and everything, and is she getting the right food?

Um not to sure on this, but I think that this commonly happens. I have had it happen, and it just seems like a maturity thing in the clown. Maybe someone else will chime in on this.

From what I understand, it's normal for clownfish to change color as they age, and also in response to your lighting. Hosting in certain corals as well can make them darken. I know Fluff has had this issue, as well as a few others on AA.

They can also get darker from stress. If you water quality pans out as being fine, I would assume it completely normal, like the others said, and not worry about it.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom