uncycled tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dalfa96

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
i have a tank that's cycling i have fish in it and live plants and everything is turning orange including the filter heater and glass i do tests twice a day

i have a tank that's cycling i have fish in it and live plants and everything is turning orange including the filter heater and glass i do tests twice a day

everything is turning orange? is your water cloudy? are you sure your tank is cycled- if not, add in some quick start to add live bacteria into the water. it seems like you already have an ammonia source though. what are your test results?

first thing first, do a water change of 10-20%, or more of the water. then, check your filter- is there anything there that there shouldn't be?

are you feeding your fish coloured food?
how big is your tank?
how many fish do you have in there, and what species?
do you have driftwood in your tank?

i think this may be orange algae, but i need to know more first.

hi so i have a 10 gallon im going to get a bigger one i have 3 cory and three serpae in the tank with two anubius nana and two amazon sword plants i was feeding them frozen blood worms and now i mfeeding them the tropical flakes i out in a tiny bit of the cube and two flakes i have no ammonia and no nitrite but my nitrates are at 5.0-10ppm the tank is two weeks old. i have a regular filter and i had a quartz bio balls filter infront of the regular filter it has two slots my plants were turning orange at first so i cut those leaves off the plant then i looked closer into the tank and i cleaned the glass becuase i also saw what i assume is green algae on the glass and whe i did white particles started flying everywhere the water is very clear and after i scrubbed all the glass the green went away but the substrate is a bit orange and my plants are as well i changed the stone filter with a carbon one

Back
Top Bottom