Under gravel filter!!!"story"

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Angellove78

Aquarium Advice Addict
Under gravel filter!!!"story"

If you plan on setting up a under gravel filter with air stones! DON'T!!!!! So I listened to my mother this time, knowing she had a 30 gallon back in the day. She said" your gonna want an under gravel filter. I said OK. Set my tank up with red gravel on my filter plates. Anyways, I lost a pleco the other day. I Got a 75 gallon with 2 angelfish and my 2 plecos. (-1 now) I decided to take the plates out. Thought maybe they're not getting enough to eat. And wanted the tubes out cause it just looks silly, and less room. I'm slowly getting more fish and getting to be more pickier on what ones to get. So, my story: I take the plates out up came a Huge mess! Clouded up my tank everything going though my canister filter. So I get my gravel vacuum/ water changer out and try helping out. Did a water change. Started clearing up. Then tested my water. IMAG2440.jpg knowing water changes are the best to do. I did alittle more than just a water change. I cleaned my canister filter and changed my pad on top. Hoping this will help. Doing another test in a min. I'll post that reading next. Just wanted to let some people know about under gravel filters. It hurts to lose what you love. Just hope my other fish make it. Thanks for reading this!

Back
Top Bottom