unknown crab eating hermits

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

morgan24

Aquarium Advice Freak
i got this white fuzzy crab eating my dwarf zebra hermits he's got 4 and i can't catch him i've lost about 10hrs sleep the last 2 nights trying to get him but he wont come out of the rock. He just sits in there and when a hermit passes he nabs him up. whats the best way to get him out? :evil:

I would QT the rock. Without having the food come to him, he'll have to come out to search. Then you can set a trap for him once he's good and hungry. The tilted glass trick I've heard works well. Use a smooth sided glass, put some bait in and let it sit overnight. He'll go in after the food but he won't be able to crawl back out. Good luck.

my emerald crabs are suppose to be nice but they flip over my snails and hermits and many have died. they've also eaten one of my cleaner shrimp. suppose they can be aggressive. i would quarantine him as well. i have not with mine but I feed them more.

Yikes ! I just bought a emerald crab to eat all the bubble algae , do you think it will eat my hermits?

No if there is ample food. Mine ate 3 peppermint shrimp and a starfish! They appear to leave my snails and hermits alone but everything else seems to be fair game! I would like to get rid of my emeralds but they are about to molt.

I`ve noticed that with an abundance of food they become less of a threat the only problem with that is water quality. :?

i have a rock crab that has white claws, he came with my LR and seems to eat alage off the LR. Do you think i have anything to worry about? i have a yellow watchman and was planning on picking up some shrimp today?

Use a smuckers jar or similar (I use a smuckers jar) and bait it with shrimp or squid attached to something that sinks and will keep it in the jar and from floating. Place it at an angle close to where the crab lives, and it shouldn't take more than a couple of nights to capture it.

Back
Top Bottom