UP Aqua CO2 Indicator Question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Cammywammy

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Does anyone use this drop checker? I followed the instructions on the paper it came with but the solution is not indicating any co2. I'm using a 2 liter DIY co2 bottle and getting about 1bps in a 10 gallon tank.

Attachments

• image-1402930400.jpg
    image-1402930400.jpg
    165.3 KB · Views: 107
How did you set it up? Are you using a 4dKH reference solution in it or are you using tank water? If using tank water, what is the pH and KH of your tank?

The directions said to use their test solution(5 drops) and tank water the ph of the tank water after co2 is 6.4 before its 7.2. I don't have a Kh test.

ok. That could be the issue. If you have an unusually high or low KH, it would throw off the accuracy of the drop checker to the point of making it unusable. I would suggest trying some 4dKH reference solution. Using tank water is not the best method.

something like this: 4 DKH Reference Solution for CO2 Drop Checker Ph | eBay

Or you can make it yourself using distilled water and baking soda, if you have some good measuring equipment (graduated cylinder, gram scale to .01).

I have the same kit if that's yellow I'm seeing you have waaay to much co2. Depending on your hardness here is a guide8 ill try to get a pic of the colors on the chart mine came with. Top is 8-15 dkh (hard water)bottom is 2-7 dkh (softer water)sorry about the blurryness bit its the color that matters

ForumRunner_20130418_004948.jpg

ForumRunner_20130418_005028.jpg

ok. That could be the issue. If you have an unusually high or low KH, it would throw off the accuracy of the drop checker to the point of making it unusable. I would suggest trying some 4dKH reference solution. Using tank water is not the best method.

something like this: 4 DKH Reference Solution for CO2 Drop Checker Ph | eBay

Or you can make it yourself using distilled water and baking soda, if you have some good measuring equipment (graduated cylinder, gram scale to .01).

Thank you for that link I made some once but a week later someone ii n my house thought it was the jug with the water for her roses and it got mixed with her fertilizer lol I didn't feel like making more just yet so I ordered that I hope its as accurate as it claims

I'm seeing orange, not yellow. I'm going to make the 4 dkh today and try that.

Back
Top Bottom