Updated 10 Gal

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Kamek909

Aquarium Advice Activist
Bought More Supplies For My Tank Before I Add Fish. Bought A White/Blue Light Bulb i was going to buy 2 but they were pricey so i juss bought one but will buy the other wen i get paid and i bought 2 plants not sure what their called and plant food to keep them healthy. Let me know what you guys think.ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1390385127.792686.jpg

Hi. Nice! I love the sand.. I have a feeling that those two plants ain't fully aquatic plants which means overtime it will die regardless of fertilisers.. I would stop using the fertilisers all together before u get algae issues..

Hi. Nice! I love the sand.. I have a feeling that those two plants ain't fully aquatic plants which means overtime it will die regardless of fertilisers.. I would stop using the fertilisers all together before u get algae issues..

I bought them at my lps

Both are not fully aquatic

The one on the left is an Aluminium plant and the one one the right is Purple Waffle plant

Unfortunately both are often sold by LFS

Both are not fully aquatic

The one on the left is an Aluminium plant and the one one the right is Purple Waffle plant

Unfortunately both are often sold by LFS

Can they harm the fish? Does it matter?

I would stop fertilising them, cause it isnt going to make them last longer, and it will cause you algae issues

Can u tell me wat that means? Haha cause i just got them today and they recommended me getting this liquid for them a teaspoon every 10 gal like twice a week

The plants are going to die, might be a week, might be a bit longer, it will not be long enough to benefit from being fertilized

Fertilizing them is wasting your fertilizer, keep it for your next fully aquatic plants, cause using it on these one is useless. All the fertilizers will do is give you algae issues.

The plants are going to die, might be a week, might be a bit longer, it will not be long enough to benefit from being fertilized

Fertilizing them is wasting your fertilizer, keep it for your next fully aquatic plants, cause using it on these one is useless. All the fertilizers will do is give you algae issues.

Ok thanks

So your money doesnt go to waste I have read articles and forums of people planting the plants in small trays that water can circulate through. attaching them to the top of the tank and letting the plants grout out of the top. Basically the roots are below water and the plants are above. Its natural filtration. The plants survive and you get the benefits of the roots taking waste out of the waste.

Back
Top Bottom