Updated 50 Gallon

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

AJG187

Aquarium Advice Regular
Hey everyone. I did some re-scaping so I thought I would share with you guys. I also added more fish.

Attachments

• image-1930345934.jpg
    image-1930345934.jpg
    61.1 KB · Views: 325
Looking good. I have that same piece of driftwood that's on the left. I wish I had the slate caves you made. I think they would would great surrounded by live plants =D

SeverumGuy said:
Looking good. I have that same piece of driftwood that's on the left. I wish I had the slate caves you made. I think they would would great surrounded by live plants =D

Yeah I decided to give my fish a little swim room in the middle

Wow, that incredibly weird, my tank is set up the exact same way, I have the slate on the right and the driftwood on the left, very nice.

BfishLpond78 said:
Wow, that incredibly weird, my tank is set up the exact same way, I have the slate on the right and the driftwood on the left, very nice.

Well it appears you have good ideas! Ha. My tank is completely different now. The slate structure broke and is now in pieces; therefore, I put the drift wood in the middle and stacked the pieces on the side. It appears that the fish like it better this way.

What kind of rocks are those on the right side? Are they all rocks? There seem to be a lot of flat surfaces. I'm curious because I'd like to do something similar to that :D

mjc11 said:
What kind of rocks are those on the right side? Are they all rocks? There seem to be a lot of flat surfaces. I'm curious because I'd like to do something similar to that :D

Yes they are all rocks. They are all untreated slate stepping stones from home depot. I just broke some of the pieces up to stack them and make smaller pieces. You also may want to sand down the sharp pints it creates to keep your fish safe.

Back
Top Bottom