Upgrade Time (125 gal Freshwater to Saltwater)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Yes it has but I'm afraid the new addition will have to wait until next weekend. I forgot we had to watch our grandkids all this weekend.

Just a little update. Last night I moved my mushroom rock from the 40 gallon into the 125. I cleaned off some algae off the rock before I moved it. What I couldn't get off I'm hoping the snails will take care of. I will keep a close eye on the rock and see how it does. The tank is doing well. I'm keeping up with my water changes in all of my tanks for the most part. I hope all of you are doing well and having a great summer.

I plan on moving my gfo/carbon reactors from my 29 gallon to the 125 this weekend. I have a smaller all-in-one reactor that I will use on the 29 gallon.

My mushroom rock isn't real happy with me right now. I've been keeping a close eye on them. Do you guys think I should move him back into the 40? Here is a picture.

Attachments

• IMG_1174.jpg
    IMG_1174.jpg
    211.1 KB · Views: 49
I found out why MN y mushrooms not happy. Did my testing and found a bit of a problem.

pH is 7.8 to 8.0
Phosphate is .25
All is 12 dkh or 214.8 kh

I know how to lower the phosphate but how do I raise pH and lower the alk?

Ph is simply more water movement at the surface. Co2 exchange will put it where it needs to be.
As for alk, depends on the calcium and magnesium levels...salt mix would dictate what water changes would do.

It is the salt. It's the red sea fish pharm coral pro marine salt. It's higher in the elements corals need and since I only have one mushroom rock in there I think the elements are building up. I just changed to this salt recently.

Just a little update. The tank is still aging and waiting for more corals. My mushroom is still mad at me. At least the blue one is. The other mushroom on the rock is doing fine. I think I am going back to my reef crystal salt for the time being. At least until I get more corals in the tank.

I have a little dilemma. My t5ho light fixture is right next to my thermostat which is causing the A/C to stay on more than normal. I was wondering if they make fans to cool the light fixture so it doesn't cause the issue I stated above.

Back
Top Bottom