Upgrade Time (125 gal Freshwater to Saltwater)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Ok I have an emergency. My ato barrel backflowed into my sump causing a mess on my floor and my salinity dropped to 1.019. How can I raise the salinity. Should I do a water change to correct the problem? Will that bring the salinity back up to normal?

Mix the water with higher than normal salinity. Remove water from the system and replace it to bring it back up.
Good catch. That salinity isn't too out of whack.

Yeah it was. It was my own fault though. I forgot to turn off my rodi unit that feeds the container. I guess it forced the water into the line that feeds the sump.

Hello everyone. I hope your weekend is hoing well. There is a couple of Things going on. First does anyone know what this fluffy white stuff is in my overflow box? Second my female clown fish has a mark in her side and I'm worried that it may harm her. H ave you ever encountered this before?

Attachments

• 20171012_182206.jpg
    20171012_182206.jpg
    191.8 KB · Views: 44
  • 20171021_094456.jpg
    20171021_094456.jpg
    74 KB · Views: 50
Other than the rock nothing else in there.

Lost my yellow eye kohl tank and my sailfin is looking really bad. I don't know what is going on in the tank. My salinity is still out of whack. It's at 1.022 right now. I'm trying to increase it through water changes but I guess I'm not putting in enough salt to get it back up to 1.026.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom