Upgraded tanks...finally

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ChelseaLake

Aquarium Advice Activist
It's been a long time comin'...

Finally, my tank has cycled. It felt like an eternity, but NH3's been at a 0 for a couple of days now. Thank goodness for 2 cycled tanks with PLENTY of seed material. If it would've taken much longer, I simply would've died.

I put my two goldfish (my favorite fish friends) in the cycled 55g today. Jeezum Crow, they love it. Swimmin' around, lookin' all cute and stuff. I have a couple of really great hiding places for my telescope. However, when I stuck my hand in to feed her, she darted right out. She loves feeding time. Of course, the Moor didn't seem to care a bit that she's in a new home. She reminds me of a loud, outgoing friend I have. Comfortable in the most uncomfortable situations.

I did notice that the two seemed to cling to each other in the new environment, which warmed my heart. It also worried me...

but they're great.

All in all, a stress-free move on the goldies' part.

Fishless cycling ftw. :D

Congrats! :D I've been seeing you post about cycling a 55g... I'm glad to hear that your adventure is finally over and you get to enjoy the tank now! I'll bet your fishies are loving the extra room too! (y) Can't wait to see pics! (hint, hint!) :D

Awesome! Cycling is the absolute WORST ugh. It takes so long and it forces me to be patient.. which I'm not at all haha. What kind of goldfish do you have? Bet they love exploring! I just bought a 55 today some I'm really excited to get the process going and give my fishies some more room. :)
I'd love to see some pics as well haha

I'm working on getting some awesome ones. I have about half the plants in. Apparently, it costs a lot more than I thought to decorate the thing to where it looks halfway decent. They've been sticking to the pretty side, so I'll get some today. I've watched them all morning with a cup of coffee. They're totally digging it. One's a large-ish black moor, and the other is a regular gold-colored telescope.

They have so much ROOM! They're like..."Whaaaaa?!?!"

SO cute!

Back
Top Bottom