Urgent! Blistering newt!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

corinne118s

Aquarium Advice Freak
Please help I don't know what to do. I just brought home two firebellied newts a few days ago. When I got home I noticed one had it's leg ripped off with bone sticking out. He seemed fine but today that whole area is swollen and messy. Worst part is his whole bodyhas blisters. Only has 3 toes when he should have 12! He's still creeping along the water but idk what to do! The other seems fine.

Even if you are not familiar with newts please give advice I'm so new to this

image-3216629171.jpg

Those are the blisters couldn't get one of his other side with the wound

I'm not sure but you'd think the other newt would be hurt too.. I'll lower the temp immediately and see. I hope he lives :(

If his injuries are that bad I'd seek the advice of a vet or something. Or maybe google rhe hell out of it for suggestions You don't want him to suffer. Good luck

They don't need a heater at all, warm water is usually a stressor that lets bad things happen. Is the tank cycled?

I don't have a heater and yes I used to have goldfish but rehomed them so tank cycled. I think it must be too warm because it's near my radiator I didn't even think about that I'm cooling the tank noe. This guy is a trooper

Back
Top Bottom