urgent help needed

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

absolom

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I have a 25 gallon Eclipse made by Marineland.
The pump stopped working so I have had to order a new one, but the part won't be in until next Thursday.
What do I do with my tank in the meantime? How can I filter/move/oxygenate the water? I don't have lots of money. The new part is almost $100.
I love my fish and I'm really worried about them. If you have any advice I would love to hear it.
My dad said to get a straw and blow bubbles in the aquarium lol

I recommend running a sponge filter in your tank or in at least one of your tanks (if you have more than one). It's a simple and very cheap filter that runs on an air pump. You can run it off a normal air pump, and during power outages it can be run on a battery-powered air pump. They are an internal filter so you have to decorate in such a way as to hide them, but the are 100% worth it as a spare filter for situations like these. (I have 7 tanks, and 3 of them run sponge filters in addition to a normal filter)

Thank you. I'm going to the store tomorrow morning so I will be able to look at them.

Back
Top Bottom