Urgent help with Oscar! can die any second:(

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

rickyg78

Aquarium Advice Regular
So I have two baby oscars in a 75 and when I feed them I left the top open and found one of the little guys on the floor. He was starting to dry up and I managed to out him back in hes alive but has white cloudy fungus growing on him and his fins are starting to decay. I raised the temperature, put some aquarium salt, and treated the tank with melafix and nothing is working. Its getting worse and worse:(

So I have two baby oscars in a 75 and when I feed them I left the top open and found one of the little guys on the floor. He was starting to dry up and I managed to out him back in hes alive but has white cloudy fungus growing on him and his fins are starting to decay. I raised the temperature, put some aquarium salt, and treated the tank with melafix and nothing is working. Its getting worse and worse:(

Not sure there is much you can do at this point, I know it sucks. You did the best thing you could by finding him and putting him back in.

Make sure to keep the water extra clean, lots of water changes. Hopefully he makes it. I've heard of many stories like yours where the fish turns out just fine.

Back
Top Bottom