URGENT: Lighting Help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

aquasamurai

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I'm heading to a LFS soon to look for a new light for my 20 gallon tank (12inch deep). I got both FLOURISH tabs and liquid (5ml/daily). DIY Co2 set up, 1~2bps. Tank is fully cycled.

I already got some HC going with my 6.500K 3Wx6 LED lighting but I don't think it's enough to get some real nice carpet.

Got two rummy nose tetras in the tank so I cannot do a dry method.

I need some inputs! URGENT HELP PLEASE!

Cheers

I vote finnex ray 2 if you want a real nice carpet...if you want LED's check out the link in my sig, there is some good LED's there- I think that 60 PAR would be minimum for that tank

I dunno, the Ray II might get a run for its money against a 6x3w. In terms of raw wattage, that's more than the Ray II's 15w.

What fixture is this?

Thank you two for some real helpful inputs.

Finnex ray 2 does look legit but I almost want a light that's not LED because I want some intense light temporarily and once i get the carpet, I might consider switching it back to my LED light.

How many watts or K is enough you think for my tank? Or whatever intensity that ensures a good growth without being untenable intense for algae to bloom.

Back
Top Bottom