useing bacteria in a bottle

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dwint

Aquarium Advice Freak
i put the instant cycle from ati or is it api?anyway i have five small fish in a 30 gal for about a week now and so far no problems.i only feed small amounts and was wondering if this product works.anyone that has watch tanked on tv thats what they use.just wondering if im going to have problems

dwint said:
i put the instant cycle from ati or is it api?anyway i have five small fish in a 30 gal for about a week now and so far no problems.i only feed small amounts and was wondering if this product works.anyone that has watch tanked on tv thats what they use.just wondering if im going to have problems

Do you have an API water test kit? That would be a good way to track ammonia levels and see how long it takes.

i have a salt water api but i guess that isnt going to work.if there is suppose to be a instant can i take small amounts of water out every few days?

You can use the saltwater tests, there is no difference in the liquids used. The difference is the color chart, but for ammonia yellow is still yellow and for nitrite blue is still blue. You can look the color chart up online or call API and they will send you a new one if you tell them you lost it. Mostly it seems to me, by looking at them side by side, that the charts are just shifted a bit.

IME, Tetra SafeStart and Dr. Tim's One and Only are the only BB in a bottle that i know actually works.

this is api and it says new on the bottle.sometimes thats not good

I have used Tetra SafeStart on 3 different tanks and it has worked every time. Only product of its kind that has worked for me.

Nelsontreyjones said:
I have used Tetra SafeStart on 3 different tanks and it has worked every time. Only product of its kind that has worked for me.

Are the results equivalent to that of regular cycling?

Are the results equivalent to that of regular cycling?

Yes all 3 tanks are now cycled in a fraction of the time with no loses. I have one now I just started under 2 weeks ago. I have 22 fish in my tank right now after using it and my water condition are perfect. 0 Ammonia, 0 Nitrite, 10-20 Nitrates.

Nelsontreyjones said:
Yes all 3 tanks are now cycled in a fraction of the time with no loses. I have one now I just started under 2 weeks ago. I have 22 fish in my tank right now after using it and my water condition are perfect. 0 Ammonia, 0 Nitrite, 10-20 Nitrates.

I may have to give it a try. Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom