Uv stabilzer light?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
No it won't. Beneficial bacteria is not in your tank water but mostly colonizing in your filter. A UV will only kill free floating bacteria and algae. I run one in-line on my 220g.

Mine is actually built into my canister filter. The reason I asked was because I started a new tank and used lots of seeded material from to long running tanks and my cycle just seems to be going nowhere. Guess I just keep waiting

Doesn't the UV part have it's own plug for the light? If so you can always unplug it if you want. If you added seeded media did you add fish so the bacteria has food? Even if you added a ton of seeded media but didn't add enough fish the BB will shrink to the size needed. Also what is your PH? If your ph falls to below 6.5 cycling slows down. If ph falls to 6 or below cycling will stop.

It actually has a switch to turn it off. Just thought of it today and thought I would ask if this could be a reason. And yes I have fish in the tank. Ph is around 7.6 ammo is slightly high at .50 but doesn't seem to be increasing trites at 0 zero and 5-10 ppm on trates

It's odd you have ammonia and nitrates but no nitrites. Are you sure nitrites are 0? Also have you tested your tap water (might have already asked this) to see what ammonia, nitrites, and nitrates are?

Back
Top Bottom