vacation question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

cassandra87

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hi - I'm having trouble finding a fish feeder for a short trip, and I'm wondering if my fish will be okay. I'm leaving on Saturday and returning on Tuesday. I could try feeding them Saturday, but I usually feed them in the evening so I'm not sure they'll realize it's food time. So they'd be 2-3 days without food. Do you think that would be okay, or should I start begging neighbors? It's a 20 gallon tank with 5 tetra, 2 platys, 2 shrimp, and a small pleco.

Thanks!

Hi - I'm having trouble finding a fish feeder for a short trip, and I'm wondering if my fish will be okay. I'm leaving on Saturday and returning on Tuesday. I could try feeding them Saturday, but I usually feed them in the evening so I'm not sure they'll realize it's food time. So they'd be 2-3 days without food. Do you think that would be okay, or should I start begging neighbors? It's a 20 gallon tank with 5 tetra, 2 platys, 2 shrimp, and a small pleco.

Thanks!

Just try and feed them before you leave, 2-3 days is perfectly fine.

Two three days they will stay perfectly fine. You don't need feeder. As ZXC said. Feed them at the last moment before you leave.

Back
Top Bottom